As the controller of your data, Abacus Money comply with and are registered under the Data Protection laws in the United Kingdom and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We take all reasonable care with your data and are committed to preventing any unauthorised access to and use of your personal information.
The personal information we collect about you
Personal information collected may include:
• Identity Data including forenames, last name, maiden name, date of birth, gender, marital status, and username or similar identifier
• Contact Data including home address, email address and telephone numbers
• Financial Data including banks statements, payment card details, savings, debts such as loans and credit cards, income & expenditure, employer & pension benefits, and other assets
• Special Category Data including medical history
• Transaction Data including payments made for products and services you have purchased from us
• Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices used to access the Abacus Money website
• Profile Data including purchases made by you, feedback and survey responses
• Usage Data including information about how you use our website, products and services
• Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
How do we collect your personal information?
Personal information is collected by the following methods:
• Direct interactions with an adviser in person, by post, phone, email or otherwise when sourcing and applying for mortgage, protection, insurance or wealth products
• Automated technologies or interactions with our website, by using the web enquiry form or the Find A Mortgage function
• Third parties or publicly available sources such as:
• Estate agents with whom you may be interacting, but only with your consent;
• New home builders, as a legitimate interest of the builder in order to assess affordability for the property;
• Enquiries you may perform on third-party mortgage sourcing websites.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in the following circumstances:
• As your broker, to perform the contract to discuss your personal circumstances with mortgage lenders/protection providers, in order to determine the most appropriate product for your needs. This may include Special Category data such as medical history for the purposes of providing insurance for protection purposes.
• Where necessary for our legitimate interests, in order to review your mortgage, protection or investment product as part of an on-going relationship as your broker, to improve customer service by obtaining feedback, and to respond to or defend against complaints.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, for example to fulfil our regulatory requirements to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Your personal information is required to enter into any contract you may undertake with us as your broker for a mortgage, protection or investment product, and for us to provide information on relevant products and services. Without this information it would not be possible for us to provide these services.
Re-engagement communications and marketing
You will have the choice of maintaining an on-going relationship with us as your broker and indicate if you wish to receive communications from Abacus Money about relevant services and products as part of on-going customer engagement.
You will also have the choice to opt-in to receiving other related marketing information and related products and services.
You can opt-out of receiving either of these types of communications at any time by contacting our Compliance team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the relevant link in email communications you receive from us.
However please note that your personal information will not be passed to any third-party organisation for marketing purposes.
Website Third-party links
Abacus Money website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Who we disclose personal information to?